Places of Interest in Ciudad Victoria
The state capital has so much to offer! Ciudad Victoria, full of history, culture and nature, is located 3 hours from Tampico and 4 hours from Monterrey City and is known for its warm weather, which will make you start your days quite early!
The mixture of places of interest and tourist attractions in Ciudad Victoria make it a special place to explore and the following are some spots we recommend to visit while staying at Hotel Everest:
- Downtown Ciudad Victoria. The central part of the city has the Cathedral, churches and temples, in addition to historical buildings, theaters, museums and plazas, including the Plaza Hidalgo, which you shouldn’t miss. As all these places are close to each other, you can get there by walking.
- The “Los Troncones” recreational park is in Cd. Victoria. People gather here to do barbeques, swim in the river and enjoy a fun family day.
- If ecotourism is your thing, the “El Cielo” Biosphere Reserve is the place for you. Located in the municipality of Gomez Farias (109 km), it is considered one of Mexico’s most important natural reserves, since it has 4 types of vegetation: tropical rainforest, mountain mesophyll forest, quercus forest and coniferous. It also has vegetation and ecosystems that are unique in the world.
- Another attraction close to Cd. Victoria is the “La Pesca” beach, located in the municipality of Soto La Marina (111 km). Here you can do some professional fishing or just have a nice time with family and friends.
- Ciudad Victoria has amazing mountain ranges and natural trails to do ecotourism, hiking and camping.